The Hotel has been implementing green policies for the last year and more will be implemented in the future. The following are the policies we have already implemented:
Energy Efficiency Program:
- 30% of indoor lighting has been converted to fluorescent lighting. Our goal is to convert all lighting to 100% CFL's.
- Hotel staff has been trained and instructed to shut off lights and HVAC when guest rooms are vacant.
- The Hotel is easily accessible by public transportation.
- Low-Flow showerheads are installed in all bathrooms.
- Hotel offers a towel and linen re-use program.
- Sidewalks, driveways and parking lots are swept rather than sprayed.
- Toilets are being replaced by low-flow toilets.
- At present, grease is being recycled. Glass, aluminum, paper, cardboard and plastic will follow.
- Room amenities are only replaced when empty or as requested by guests.
- Foods, beverages, and condiments are served in bulk when practical.
- Most of the hotel's transactions are done electronically unless otherwise requested to eliminate paper waste.
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing/Practices:
- Whenever possible, hotel purchases recyclable products or products containing recycled materials.
- Hotel uses over 75% of environmentally responsible cleaning products for carpets, floors, kitchens and restrooms.
- Hotel uses bio-based or biodegradable products whenever possible.
- Environmentally responsible paper towels and toilet paper are used in the bathrooms.
- Our Atrium Courtyard Restaurant uses locally grown food items whenever possible and also serves sustainable seafood. Our main food provider has green policies in place and sells sustainable products.